FingerTech 'Viper' Combat Robot Kitft-viper-v2
The Viper Combat Robot Kit is quite simply the best way to get into combat robotics.
- You will not find a cheaper robot kit with this functionality and expandability anywhere else.
- The Viper kit comes with everything you need to get started in competitive robotics:
- Chassis, motors, wheels, speed controllers, armor, and an easy to follow instruction manual. Radio and lipoly battery options are available if you need them too.
- Once you've mastered the basics, upgrade your kit to a Lifter or a Spinner with optional add-ons!
The Viper Combat Robot Kit comes with everything you need to get started in combat robotics.
- The custom-formed 6061-T6 Aluminum chassis has plenty of strength and space for additional components and upgrades.
- A 6-Channel radio transmitter and receiver pair leaves four channels free to add any active devices you desire. (Optional, in case you already have a radio.)
- Two FingerTech "Silver Spark" gearmotors with 2.25" Foam Wheels provide both speed and pushing power.
- Two FingerTech "tinyESC" speed controllers translate the radio receiver commands into motor movement and provide 5V power to the radio.
- Polycarbonate combat armor keeps the components safe.
The Viper kit is fully intended to be sawed, drilled, modified, and upgraded. Recommended for ages 10+ (6+ with a parent).
Its base weight is only 313grams (11.0oz) leaving 141grams (4.97oz) for additional parts if entering the Antweight (1lb) weight class (We don't recommend running the Viper in the Beetleweight class versus 3x larger opponents!)
Body Width: 16.5cm (6.5in)
Length: 14cm (5.5in)
Body Height: 3cm (1.18in)
Weight: 313grams (11.04oz)
- Chassis: 15gauge (1.45mm / 0.057in) 6061-T6 alloy Aluminum stamped and formed baseplate (pic). Has mounting holes for motors, armor and add-on kits.
- Motors: 2x Silver Spark Gearmotors
- Motor Controllers: 2x tinyESCs translate the radio commands into motor movement and power the receiver.
- Wheels: 2x 2.25x0.75" Foam Wheels are soft and grippy. A direct hit will be absorbed and won't destroy your motors! Includes 3mm x 0.75" Twist Hubs and Twist Hub Key.
- Power Switch: A Switch/charge jack that you unplug to turn on. Comes pre-soldered with a female JST connector and includes a pair of Mini Terminal Blocks for making wiring connections.
- Plug has male JST end for easily recharging the lipoly battery. (Do not attempt to recharge a 9V alkaline battery.)
- Armor: 3mm (0.118in) thick front wedge and 1.5mm (0.059in) top armor made of high-strength polycarbonate.
- Screws: Four 2-56x0.125" screws for mounting the motors. Ten 6-32x0.25" screws for fastening armor.
- 0.05" and 5/64" hex wrenches included for tightening screws and setscrews.
- Instructions: Detailed instructions with many pictures and tips for getting more from your robot. (Download V3.3 here)(Download V4.0 here)
Required Items (Not included in kit):These items are not included in the kit but are required for use. They're optional as they transfer from bot to bot and some people already have them.
If starting from scratch you'll need to order a Transmitter/Receiver and a battery option whether 9V or a lipoly and charger.
Transmitter and Receiver: are required for operation. If you do not have one Please add the T6A Transmitter/Receiver item to your cart.
- Battery: The Viper kit can be run off either a 9V Battery or a Lipoly battery. We recommend using a rechargeable lipoly but a JST to 9V adapter is included with the kit if you prefer to use 9V.
- Battery Charger: If using a lipoly battery pack a charger is needed. We use the B6 Pro & accompanying 12V power supply. It's a good charger that can charge up to 6S and grow with you as you build more bots.
Optional Weapon Upgrades:When you're ready to add a weapon the following upgrades pop right onto to your existing Viper chassis and require no machining or soldering.
- Viper Lifter Add-On: Take your Viper Combat Robot kit to the next level by adding a powerful servo-actuated lifting arm!
- Viper Vertical Spinner Add-On: Knock 'em out with a ferocious vertical spinner weapon!
- Viper Horizontal Spinner Add-On: Add a vicious horizontal spinner weapon to your Viper Combat Robot!