Since the day we made "Baby Beater" a couple years back people have been asking for a kit. While it's original form was a competitive bot it was not something we saw as "kittable". After lots and lots of revisions and testing, and some procrastination, the "Palm Beach Beater" is a reality. Had to give it a more politically correct name, not everyone caught the joke :)
Palm Beach Beater is designed to be very easy to assemble and service between rounds. Soldering is required during the initial build both on the recommended FS2A as well as the all the wiring and components in the bot so it's labeled as "Intermediate".
It's built around the Fingertech 1 Pound Beater Bar with everything else custom designed to reach the final goal. The chassis is made from UHMW and carbon fiber to create a very durable/light chassis that's very easy to service. With it's 2600KV weapon motor and 3s battery it's sure to throw some people in the air.
The kit is available as chassis only or with the required "guts" for assembly to get you to a robot that just needs a TX/RX and a battery to be ready to go.
Chassis Assembly Instructions: Click Here
- Chassis Only Option:
- Sidewalls, 1/4" UHMW, Qty 2
- Front Wall, Carbon Fiber
- Rear Wall, Carbon Fiber
- Bottom Plate, Carbon Fiber
- Top Plate, Carbon Fiber
- Motor Mount Plates, Carbon Fiber
- 4-40 Nutstrip and required hardware for mounting.
- Chassis Weight: 111g (3.91oz)
- Chassis & Guts Option
- Everything noted above in the Chassis Only Option plus:
- Fingertech 1 Pound Beater Bar Assembly
- 2600KV 1 Pound Beater Bar Electronics kit modified to include the proper 153mm belt for Palm Beach Beater.
- Repeat 16mm Planetary Motors (Pair)
- Mounting screws for Repeat Motors
- PBB Edition Scorpion Nano w/ PBB spec improvements.
- Twist Hubs, 0.75" x 3mm
- Foam Wheels 0.75" x 2.25"
- Fingertech Mini Power Switch
- JST Female Connector with Pigtails (for power switch)
- Loaded chassis weight as ordered: 406g (14.32oz)
- with FS2A receiver and Palm Power 450mAh battery: 435g (15.35oz)
We've also found OpenTX receivers that will meet the form factor and work with the popular Taranis Q X7 transmitters.
Standard Configuration: The standard configuration of the kit weighs in at roughly 15.4oz with battery/receiver. This is with no wheel guards.
Alternate Configuration (Wheel Guards): We've managed to make weight with wheel guards with a few mods. To do so we switched to the thin 0.5" wheels. It weighs in at 453.4g (15.99oz) in this config. The chassis is provisioned for wheel guards already. Although this config is pictured, we do not offer it off the shelf because weight is too tight to make it repeatable. If you'd like to try on your own we used 15" of 1/16" thick 1.5" tall UHMW strip custom trimmed in a couple places and mounted it with 4-40 screws. Two by the front on each side and two on the back wall. One rear wall hole reuses the existing chassis mounting screw. It's a great upgrade and worth the work to add it however you see fit to trim the weight.