The Budget Ant DESC has been developed as an affordable and robust drive ESC for Repeat 16mm Brushed or any other antweight size brushed drive motor. To address the lack of available high-quality budget ESC options for antweights Repeat searched for and evaluated multiple potential ESC sources. The result? Repeat Robotics Budget Ant DESC. This is a customized Payne dual brushed ESC configured for an optimal driving experience, including onboard mixing, center braking, and pre-soldered connectors for signal and power. It’s the perfect option for your brushed drive antweight!
Use Warning, Stalling Motors: Stalling your motors can cook the ESC quickly. Repeat 16mm Brushed if stalled on 4S will burn out nearly immediately which will kill the ESC. Stalling a repeat on 3S for an extended period of time can also cause a similar situation but testing hasn't not shown results in stalls under 20 seconds.
- NEW! Reduced size: 24x18x5mm
- Weight: 7g with wires
- Recommended: 2-3S for normal use.
- 4s is possible but if you stall the motor and kill the motor the ESC will likely die immediately.
- Current: 2A continuous, 4A burst
- Center braking for better motor control
- Built in mixing (disabled by default)
- Enable mixing by cutting the jumper near the i on the back of the board
- Auto adjusts to PWM values between 800-1100μs for reverse and 1900-2200μs for forward
- Failsafe behavior will stop motors when signal is lost
- Integrated 5V 1.5A BEC output
- BEC can power servos on 2-3S
- BEC can power receivers on 2-4S
- BEC should not be used for servos on 4S
- BEC should not be used above 4S (cut red wires from CH1 servo connector)
- Pre-soldered connectors
- Power: XT30U connecter to connect to a battery or power distribution board (you can also cut it off and just solder the leads, use them in lever clamps, or solder on your preferred connector.)
- Signal: 3 pin servo connector for Ch1, +5v, GND and a 1 pin CH2 signal connector
- Package includes 1x Budget Ant Dual Brushed ESC