FingerTech "Silver Spark" 16mm Gearmotor 11:1ft-Sspark16-011
Silver Sparks are the go to motor for Antweight robots.
- Extra-long 3mm shaft for mounting wheels directly with the option to use a bearing block for support on the wheel's far side.
- 11mm face mount pattern.
- All-metal spur gearhead mated to a Mabuchi FK-050 motor.
- 8 different gear ratios for a wide range of rpm and torque to choose from.
- Weights from 28 - 32grams (0.99 - 1.13oz). (see details)
These motors make it super simple to get a robot moving! Just pick up a pair of Foam Wheels and Twist Hubs to mount them, solder on a pair of tinyESCs and your motors are ready to be driven by radio control! For mounting the motors, use 2-56 screws and Flat Motor Mounts for when you want to face-mount in a panel.
Note - For strenuous conditions (such as robot combat), we recommend removing the gearbox and checking that the motor vent hole does not line up with a gearbox pin. If it does, simply rotate the gearbox 180 degrees and reattach. Use Loctite on the screws that hold the gearbox to the motor. This will ensure they cannot separate during competition!
Specs for this motor/gearbox:
- Ratio: 11:1
- Weight (Motor/Gearbox): 2g
- Length (Motor/Gearbox): 40.2mm
- 2S: 1058 rpm
- 3S: 1587 rpm (running at 3S reduces motor life)
General Silver Spark Physical Specifications
- Gearbox Lengths:
- ratios 11: 11.5mm (0.45in)
- ratios 22, 33, 50: 12.7mm (0.50in)
- ratios 83, 100: 14.3mm (0.56in)
- ratios 200, 300: 16.4mm (0.65in)
- ratios 600: 17.9mm (0.70in)
- Motor Length: 28.7mm (1.13in)
- Motor weight (no gearbox): 17g (0.60oz)
- Gearbox Diameter: 16mm (0.63in)
- Shaft Diameter: 3mm (0.12in) with flat along length
- Shaft Length: 38mm (1.5in)
- Mounting Holes (2): #2-56 spaced 11mm (0.433in) apart
- ***do not use screws that protrude more than 2mm (0.078in) into gearbox
- ratios 11: 28g (0.99oz)
- ratios 22, 33, 50, 83, 100: 29g (1.02oz)
- ratios 200, 300: 31g (1.09oz)
- ratios 600: 32g (1.13oz)
Motor (Mabuchi FK-050SH-13125) Specifications
- Operating Voltage: 3V - 18.5V (>10V decreases motor life)
- Nominal Voltage: 6Vdc
- No Load RPM: 11530rpm
- No Load Current: 0.09A
- Stall Current: 1.3A
- Stall Torque: 0.0461kg-cm (0.64oz-in)
- Kt: 0.0352kg-cm/A (0.49oz-in/A)
- Kv: 1573rpm/V
- Peak Efficiency: 52%
- RPM @ Peak Eff: 9100
- Current @ Peak Eff: 0.34A
Resultant RPM at 2S & 3S
- 2S: 1058 rpm
- 3S: 1587 rpm
- 2S: 529 rpm
- 3S: 794 rpm
- 2S: 350 rpm
- 3S: 524 rpm
- 2S: 233 rpm
- 3S: 349 rpm
- 2S: 140 rpm
- 3S: 210 rpm
- 2S: 116 rpm
- 3S: 175 rpm
- 2S: 58 rpm
- 3S: 87 rpm
- 2S: 39 rpm
- 3S: 58 rpm
- 2S: 19 rpm
- 3S: 29 rpm
All ratio gearboxes can be interchanged because they use the same 14T pinion gears on the motor.
So (for example) you can remove the 50:1 ratio gearbox from its motor and replace it with a 33:1 ratio gearbox for more speed - without needing to desolder the motor! (Might want to swap the stickers so you know what's in the robot!)