The Robot Power Scorpion CL is a compact high-performance dual channel H-bridge speed controller for small robots, and other electrical loads. It is designed for ant and beetle weight combat robots, R2D2 replicas, sumo robots, and other small robots such as firefighting robots, maze solvers and carpet rovers. The Scorpion CL is also suitable to drive pneumatic valves, solenoids, relays and thermoelectric coolers.
The Scorpion CL is designed to pack the highest power handling capability, flexibility of control and usability options into a small flat package for use in space constrained applications. The Scorpion CL is designed without screw terminals or other bulky connectors for the battery and motor wires. Instead solder pads are provided for factory soldered or user installed wires. This allows maximum flexibility for power connections and keeps the Scorpion CL as small, lightweight and flat as possible without reducing power handling.Features:
- Ships with PWM leads pre-installed, bare solder pads for motor/power leads.
- Size: 2.00" x 1.30" x .4" (51mm x 31mm x 10.4mm)
- Weight: 17.0 grams
- 6.0V to 28V (1S to 5S LiPoly) battery voltage
- 15A continuous (35A peak) current on each channel.
- 1.5A - 5V receiver battery eliminator circuit (BEC) - may be disabled by disconnecting center wire in RC cables.
- Standard R/C pulse format
- Fully reversible H-bridge design. Equal power handling in both directions on both channels.
- Full current limiting and over temp limiting. This thing is nearly blow proof! Motors and batteries are protected from dead short conditions.
- Two channels may be either mixed (throttle/steering) or separately controlled. Ideal for skid steer vehicles/robots.
- An optional third RC channel controls a FLIP throttle reverse function. Activating when the robot is inverted will allow normal driving response - handy in combat situations. This input can also be activated by a gravity (Mercury) logic-level switch.
- Indicator LED for speed and direction of motor on each channel
- Status LED status information and mode indications
- Failsafe shuts off motors if R/C signal is lost
- Calibrate function to match unit to radio signal range. Settings retained in EEPROM non-volatile storage.
- DIP switch to select operating options. Easily switch while running to test various options quickly and easily.
- Channel Mix or Separate control (tank) mode
- Brake or coast on zero speed. Changes how quickly motor stops.
- Normal (linear) steering response or Exponential curve which has lower response close to zero for less "twitchy" steering response.
- High or Low frequency motor frequency. High frequency produces no audible sound from the motors at a cost of slightly lower power handling. Low frequency will make the motors "sing" at about 8kHz frequency but allows maximum power.