It's here. The Repeat Robotics Mk3 "Mini" 16mm planetary brushless drive motor. Here's your chance to have all the speed you can handle in your antweight. Mk3 is a large step forward from Mk2 (shipped thru May 2023). Full upgrade info below.
- 1204 3500kv custom brushless motor
- 2s-4s rated voltage
- 16mm, 28.5:1 all metal planetary gearbox
- 3mm “D” extra long output shaft (can be cut to length)
- ~23g weight (can lower the weight by cutting down the shaft and shortening the wires)
- 10.5mm M2 Face mount hole pattern
- Comes ready for combat, just solder the motor leads to a brushless ESC and you’re on your way (Soldering iron required)
- If installing in a Viper or using the Flat Motor Mounts M2x4mm screws are ideal for mounting.
- This is not a drop in Viper upgrade, it requires new drive ESCs and a BEC.
- These are brushless motors. If your receiver was being powered from a BEC in your brushed drive you'll need to add a BEC.
- These motors ship with bare leads, you'll need to solder them to the ESC or add your own connectors.
- 7.4V input (2S)
- 11.1V input (3S)
- 14.8v input (4S)
Improvements from Mk2 to Mk3:
- 1104 was changed to a 1204 brushless motor for more power
- Increased kv to 3500 and increased gear ratio to 28.5:1 to keep speed consistent but increase power
- Motor shaft was extended so you can cut to length to improve versatility
- Output shaft is made from hardened 4130 steel, to improve lifetime and is integrated into the carrier plate, to improve durability.
- Output shaft is retained without the use of a circlip, eliminating the main failure mode and improving the durability
- Improved motor wire gauge and attachment method to make it more durable than ever.
- Gearbox baseplate is integrated into the brushless motor base, removing screws and additional points of failure.
These gearboxes can only accept ~2mm of face screw engagement. Using screws that are too long will result in damage.