FingerTech Blade Mountft-blade-mount
R2.0 Upgrades! The Blade Mount now has six extrusions that interlock with the top of Fingertech D2822 motors, and four extrusions on the top that fit into the slots on Fingertech spinner bars. These take the stress off of the mounting screws because they are now only in tension instead of shear.
*If you have an older D2822 (prior to July 2021) that doesn't fit the extrusions, just sand them off and it becomes like the Blade Mount R1.1.
FingerTech's Blade Mount is the easiest way to attach a blade to a D28xx brushless outrunner motor.
• Uses four 6-32 screws to mount the blade solidly against the motor body.
• Fits over the shaft and hub of a D28xx motor. Uses three M2x12mm countersunk screws to mount solidly against the motor body.
• Four 6-32 threaded holes follow the mounting pattern for all Fingertech spinner bars.
- Material: Anodized 6061 aluminum for high strength and low weight.
- Hub diameter: 29mm (1.14in)
- Hub height: 12mm (0.47in) from face of motor
- Blade bore: 10mm
- Blade mount screws: 6-32 at 20mm (0.78") between centers. Fits all Fingertech spinner bars.
- Motor shaft diameter: 4mm (0.157in), and also fits smaller shafted motors.
- Three hole motor mount pattern: 10.4mm (0.41in) between centers.
- Weight: 6.2g (0.22oz)
- If you don't have three M2x12mm countersunk screws, a 6-32 setscrew or screw can be used in the threaded side-hole to press into the motor's setscrew and hold tightly. Note that the Fingertech D2822 with 4mm Shaft does include these screws for you.
- Use threadlock on all screws. You do not want your blade coming off!
- As with anything related to combat robots, it is potentially dangerous to add a spinning weapon to a robot. Never power up the robot outside of a safety enclosure. Always use a safety lock and follow proper activation procedure.