- Does your robot need strong and light armor? (Of course it does!) Titanium is the #1 choice for armoring combat robots thanks to its high strength-to-weight ratio.
- FingerTech's titanium sheets are high quality Grade 5 (Gr2 or "commercially pure" titanium is much weaker and not what you want for combat robots!)
- We carry titanium for weapon blades or impenetrable armor; thin and springy that can be bent around to make wheel guards; and everything in between.
- Use 0.5mm for wrapping around wheels and making springy, shock-absorbing armor.
- Use the 0.8mm & 1.0mm medium sizes for rigid panels and wedges.
- Thin sizes can be cut with aviation snips and metal shears, thicker sizes with rotary tools (dremel discs, angle grinder zip discs, metal-cutting chop saw), and bandsaws (using metal-cutting blade).
- Can be bent by hand tools or a brake (thicker sizes should be cautiously heated to glowing orange with a propane torch to prevent cracking). Larger radius bends work better!
- Use cutting fluid when drilling, with slow RPM and high pressure. Titanium will work-harden if you let the tool rub on the metal.
- Grade: Gr5 (6AL-4V) ASTM B265
- Sheet Size: 20.32x25.4cm (8x10in)
- Density: 4.43g/cm3 (2.56oz/in3)
- Thickness and Weight:
- 0.5mm (0.02in): 137g (4.83 oz) *Note: This batch is averaging 0.5mm-0.6mm thick*
- 0.8mm (0.03in): 183g (6.45 oz) *Note: This batch is averaging 0.84mm-0.89mm thick*
- THIS ITEM1.0mm (0.04in): 229g (8.07 oz) *Note: This batch is averaging 1.05mm-1.10mm thick*
- Tensile Strength: 9687kgf/cm2 (138kpsi)