UHMW (Ultra-High Molecular Weight) Polyethylene plastic is an excellent material for wheel guards, armor and other parts of your robot you want to be able to take a hit and bounce back.
It's great for absorbing shocks and weapon hits that would otherwise damage critical components. It's an easy to work with material that you can cut/drill with pretty much anything you'd have in the garage.
3/8" is great for making a beetle chassis.
- Thickness: 3/8" (9.53mm)
- Density: 0.949g/cm3 (0.544oz/in3)
- Tensile Strength: 4,350-5,800 psi
- Impact Strength: 16.8 ft.-lbs./in
- Hardness: Durometer 65D-67D (Medium)
- Weight (8x10" sheet): - 3/8in: 463g (16.32 oz)