We love the Scorpion Nano for it's super compact design reducing wiring and weight. At 6 grams it's 1.4 grams lighter than a pair of tinyESCs!!
The Robot Power Scorpion Nano is a super small low-cost high-performance dual channel H-bridge speed controller for small robots, and other electrical loads. It is designed for ant and beetle weight combat robots and other small robots such as firefighting robots, maze solvers, micro sumo and carpet rovers. The Scorpion Nano is also suitable for low-power pneumatic valves, solenoids and relays.
The Scorpion Nano is designed to pack the highest power handling capability, flexibility of control and usability options into one of the smallest dual motor controls available.
NOTE: This is the updated Scorpion Nano. Updates include:
- Single wire PWM cable for second channel to save weight
- Mix jumper included separately. Previously if your transmitter was mixed for robot drive you had to clip it. Now you only have to add it if your transmitter doesn’t already have on board mixing. Saves weight and hassle.
- PWM connections are hot glued to add strain relief.
- NEW UPDATE: All Nanos from PBB now come with shrink installed for strina relief.
- Size: 0.75" x 0.60" x .15"
- Weight: 6.0 grams
- Standard R/C pulse format
- 3.3V to 16V battery voltage
- 1.2A continuous (2A peak) current on each channel.
- Fully reversible H-bridge design. Equal power handling in both directions on both channels.
- Full current limiting and over temp limiting. Motors and batteries are protected from dead short conditions.
- Two channels may be either mixed (throttle/steering) or separately controlled. Ideal for skid steer vehicles/robots.
- Status LED status information and mode indications
- Receiver battery eliminator circuit (BEC) standard - may be disabled. This can provide up to 100 mA of current at 3.3V to the RC receiver and other attached electronic circuits.
- Failsafe shuts off motors if R/C signal is lost
- Calibrate function to match unit to radio signal range. Settings retained in EEPROM non-volatile storage.
- Mix Jumper can be cut to enable separate control of each channel
- Comes with pre-soldered RC and battery/motor wires for easy assembly into your robot
Scorpion Nano Controls
- MX (mixing) Jumper INTACT throttle/steering Mix-mode, CUT gives separate control of Channel 1 and 2
- CAL button controls radio calibration mode
- STAT LED indicates unit operating status and error conditions
General Wiring Instructions (based on Repeat 16mm Motors)
- Left Motor
- Blue wire to positive terminal
- White wire to negative terminal
- Right Motor
- Green wire to positive terminal
- Yellow wire to negative terminal
- 3 wire PWM to Channel 1
- 1 wire PWM to Channel 2